cotherstone St Cuthbert NZ 012193
Back to Richmond Deanery
Built in 1881 by C Purdon Clarke. The tower has been strengthened with internal concrete buttresses and a ring-beam at the base of the spire.
Six bells hung for full-circle ringing. Unusually the clock mechanism takes pride of place in the centre of the ringing room causing a certain degree of obstruction to some of the ringers!
|3||J Warner||1881||E flat|
|6||J Warner||1881||7.0.10||31"||B flat|
Frame and Fittings
Wooden frame and traditional wooden gear. Later ball-bearings. Clock hammers to bells 1,2,3 and two on the 6.
Three train clock with auto-wind and night silencing.