manfield All Saints NZ 222134
Back to Richmond Deanery
Medieval church heavily restored in the nineteenth century.
Three bells hung for full circle ringing in the large west tower. Unusually the ringing chamber has a vaulted stone ceiling.
|1||Gillett & Johnston||1920||4.1.10||28"||D|
|2||Thomas Wood of Thirsk||1664||3.2.27||29.125"||C|
|3||John Taylor of Loughborough||1938||6.2.26||33.125"||Bb|
1. IB: RECAST BY GILLETT & jOHNSTON,
CROYDON, 1920. [G&J MONOGRAM]
[Band of ornament]
Waist: OF JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH 1664
2. IB: IESV BE OVR SPEE IR NS IC WT 1664
3. IB: FILI DEI MISERERE MEI 1664
Waist: LAUS DEO M. W. W. 1938
Reverse waist: [Round Taylor shield]
Frame and Fittings
Wooden frame for three bells to the north east of this large tower. Fittings by Taylors from 1938 including a canon retaining headstock for the second. Plain stays and sliders, ball bearings.
A two-train clock by Samuel Thompson of Darlington.
Andrew Aspland - September 2009