rokeby St Mary NZ 072138
Back to Richmond Deanery
Consecrated in 1778 with a chancel added in 1877. Unusually the church is orientated north/south.
A single bell in a south cote hung for swing chiming.
Frame and Fittings
Hung from a wooden headstock with wooden lever. This is a small bell for such a large arch. There are two carefully cut grooves in the stonework to allow the gudgeons to be inserted into the bearings. No clapper is evident!
ARA August 2004